Direction to use:
- You should follow your doctor’s direction and advice and you must not manipulate the dosage according to what you like or do not like
- You should take LINZESS with an empty stomach and 30 minutes prior to the first meal of the day
- If you miss the dose, then just ignore it and do not compensate it with 2 doses at the same time
- You should not break, crush, smash or open the capsule, you should gulp the capsule
People with swallowing difficulty can take the pill with applesauce or water or through gastrostomy tubes, you need to carefully open the pill and sprinkle it on applesauce and take it immediately
For Irritable Bowel Syndrome With Constipation (IBS-C), you should take Linzess 290 mcg orally once a day
For Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC), it is recommended that you take LINZESS 145 mcg once a day or in some cases, you can take 72 mcg daily depending upon individual tolerability and presentation, you should always follow your doctors and read the FDA guideline carefully
Potential side effects:
Overdoses can result in serious diarrhea; however, there are general side-effects that have been reported that includes abdominal pain, flatulence, abdominal distension, you should consult your doctor if you feel any of those symptoms.
- The drug is not recommended children and adult below the age of 18 years because it can cause serious dehydration
- Never take this pi lord rug if your doctor tells you that you have a bowel blockage
- You should inform your doctor if you are pregnant or palling for pregnancy before taking this pill
- If you are breastfeeding, then you must inform your doctor about the same because it is unknown how this drug might react and what might cause to your baby
You should and must inform your doctor about any other medications or over-the-counter drugs that you are taking.