Common Characteristics for the Drug
The drugs fall under the class of Central Nervous System stimulant. The drug is available on prescription and it is important to take recommendation of doctor before consumption of the drug. The Adderall XR is mostly an amphetamine stimulate which helps in increasing releasing of dopamine and norepinephrine in brain.
• The drug is in capsule formulation and is consumed orally. It is packaged in orange capsules and it has a size of 25.00 mm.
• The strength of the capsule drug is 20 Mg. This is a typical dose for adults suffering from ADHD and requires consuming once daily in morning.
• It has Adderall XR imprinted on one part of the capsule and the other part has 20 mg Imprinted.
• The drug consumption must be doctor prescribed. It falls under schedule 2 Controlled substance that falls under Control Substance Act.
• Keep the drug in moisture free condition and at room temperature.
The consumption of this CNS stimulant can lead to side effects like chest pain and shortness of breath. It is important to consult a doctor in case the problem continues. The dose of the drug is decided by the doctor and generally 20mg is the recommended dose for adults.
Precautions to Consider for the Drug
The drug is not suitable for someone who have consumed an inhibitor drug with the last 14 days. It is not recommended for pregnant women as well as breast feeding mother. The drug can pass through the milk and harm the baby.